April 14, 2018, Mount Saint Mary College Campus
Presented by the Collaborative for Equity in Literacy Learning (CELL) at Mount Saint Mary College
Pat Mora is an author, poet, literacy advocate, and founder of Bookjoy. Among her books for young children are Yum! ¡Mmm! ¡Qué Rico! America’s Sproutings, Tomas and the Library Lady, and A Library for Juana. For young adults she has written Dizzy in Your Eyes and, for teachers, Zing! Seven Creativity Practices for Educators and Students. Bookjoy aims to invite young people into the joy of literacy and learning. Among her many awards are included the Américas, the Tomás Rivera, Pura Belpré, and the Golden Kite.
Request for Proposals
The Collaborative for Equity in Literacy Learning (CELL) at Mount Saint Mary College invites proposals for conference presenters at the 25th annual conference on April 14, 2018. The theme for the conference will be “Dare to be a Wild Reader and Writer,” and will draw attention to ways to develop a love of reading and writing in all students. We welcome educators from all backgrounds and teaching levels to submit proposals. The submission deadline has been extended to Friday, January 12, 2018.
We are seeking proposals that address highly effective literacy practices in and out of school, and incorporate the conference theme, “Dare to be a Wild Reader and Writer,” into the topics presented. Proposals may cater to readers, writers, or both.
Information for Presenters
- Sessions are scheduled for 75 minutes.
- Conference participants will be classroom teachers, literacy specialists, special educators, administrators, and pre-service teachers.
- Notification regarding the status of the proposal will be sent to the contact person by January 18, 2018.
Program Proposal Requirements
- Program title and abstract to be listed on the brochure and in the program (75 word limit)
- Program rationale, objectives, and format—why is the topic important, what do you hope the participants will gain, and how will you organize the session? (250 word limit)
- Audio-visual needs
- Presenter(s) information (name, email, mailing address, and phone number, along with brief biographical information—50 word limit)
If you have any questions regarding the request for proposals, please contact Rebecca Norman at 845-569-3431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.